Monday, April 20, 2015

Schema debate.

  Police are justified in shooting black people in the US.

  I strongly disagree with this statement because even though they are 'coloured', they are still human beings and have feelings. Black people don't always do something bad, in fact, I believe that we white people do worse things. When it's a white person running away from cops vs a black person running away from cops, some cops might shoot the black person, but run after the white person so they can bring him/her to jail.

  It's like in some movies where the a black person gets pulled over just because they were driving a nice car. Also, in comments for a YouTube video about David Belle running away from police in a movie, in the comments there was one particular comment saying 'if he was black, the police would be shooting him instead of chasing him' or something like that. There were a ton of reply's to it saying stuff like 'too true'. If cops are justified in shooting black people, than they should be justified in shooting white people too, but that's murder.

  Also, in what I can remember, there was this post about a black person standing up to a white person who said "coloured people are not allowed to sit here" or something. Anyways, the black person stood up and replied, "When I am born, I'm Black, when I grow up, I'm BLACK, when I'm sick, I'm BLACK, when I can't breathe, I'm BLACK, and when I die, I'll be BLACK. But you sir, when you are born, you're PINK, when you grow up, you're WHITE, when you're sick, you're GREEN, when you can't breathe, you turn PURPLE, and when you die, you'll turn BLUE, and you have the nerve to call me coloured?" What he said is true and if we call them coloured, what are we? Rainbows?

  So, again, why is it murder when police kill a white person for running away, but it isn't murder when a police kill a black person running away? Why are black people pulled over when they are driving nice cars? Why would it be justified for a police to shoot a black person?

No comments:

Post a Comment